Total Pageviews

Monday, December 27, 2010

Investment Thoughts - Where/What/When to invest?

Banyak kali jugak gua diterjah soalan-soalan macam ni..

Mamat: Kalau gua invest kat stock market bagus ke? Is it risky?
Siah: Err.. what do you think of unit trust.. I nak invest kat situ laa... you think OK tak?
Tijoh: I invest kat insurance.. bagus ke? 
Gopal: Saya nak beli satu kondo kat rawang.. you think good ka untuk invest?
Dogol: Lu ingat kalau gua jual beli rumah OK tak?
Toyol: Lu ingat business apa bagus untuk gua invest?
Ah Siong: Lu ingat kalau gua diversified gua punya investment safe tak?

First of all.. I am not an investment expert.. nor have I ever claim that I am.. As a matter of opinion.. investment is very personal.. its all depending on your investment objective.. 

YES.. I do have some portfolio in stock market.. but that does not make me a stock market expert.. I only enter market when the CI is at certain level.. or else I put my money elsewhere.. Further.. my stock market investment is for dividend.. any capital gain is a BONUS! Additionally.. I only invest in stock market a sump that I am prepare to loose.. I mean LOOSING EVERYTHING if market take turn to the worse!! So dont follow me.. I am a very bad example.. you may end up with nothing..

NO.. I dont invest in UNIT TRUST.. again as a matter of opinion.. unit trust investment is for the lazy! Why? Investment is all about CONTROL.. the more you have it.. the better it is.. NOPE.. the right to choose from Fund A to Fund B is not CONTROL.. that's OPTION..

YES.. I believe in INSURANCE.. but insurance is never an investment.. it is a way of protecting your wealth by transferring your risk.. so dont get confused!!

LOCATION.. LOCATION.. LOCATION.. and which type of property is depending on your risk appetite and your investment objective.. I am building my own pension scheme.. so low + medium cost suit me the most.. it may not suit you coz it is very.. very.. very.. slow...

I dont have a crystal ball so I dont know whether its ok or not.. I am not a flipper so I dont play that game.. btw GOOD LUCK...

I am an employee.. at the moment I am comfortable being an employee.. so I dont have answer to your question.. It may be good to be an apprentice of the business that you're interested to invest so that you'll know the dynamic of such business..

Some investment guru suggest is good to DIVERSIFIED but some suggested that DIVERSIFICATION is for the average investor.. YES I am GUILTY.. I still diversified.. Warren Buffet focus on specific investment.. same goes with Robert Kiyosaki.. I think you should follow em..

One thing I note from all the investment gurus are that the best investment is in KNOWLEDGE.. that will never failed you...

No comments:

Post a Comment