Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 19, 2011

RM200,000 Flats - Reality or Fantasy

By 2014 or 2015 or so a 2 bedroom flat in certain area of Kuala Lumpur will cost RM200,000. Hey.. its not me who's saying it.. its in the news - http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/articles/HargafletRM200_000/Article/

I almost cant believe what I am reading.. and while reading it I cant help but to count my so called new "durian runtuh". Bonus comes early this year.. or this life time.. hahaha.. that was what in my mind while I was reading the news clipping..

However, once reality sets in.. I come to my senses.. will it ever come true? What is the basis of this "prediction". As I was looking for an answer.. my thoughts travel way back in the early 80's where "life" is though tough but more simpler in Malaysia. A two bed room flat then would cost only about RM15K... during the 90's it grew to RM25K and in year 2000.. the government set it at RM35K - these are for the new development. The subsale of these 2 bedroom flats currently are about RM50K to RM90K..  6 times more than the original value depending on the location. YES.. again LOCATION.. LOCATION.. LOCATION is still "the" influence factor... But hey.. that's a decent growth of 5% per year.. so if my math is correct.. by year 2015 or so.. the value would be somewhere around RM115-120K... where does the RM200K came from then... is it achievable?

I am here not to challenge the report nor am I trying to discredit the analyst.. though skeptical.. I think it can only be achieved if the followings were observed;

1. Property loan is given up to 3 generations... yes.. 3 generations like what is currently being practiced in Hong Kong.. but of course minus the "margin call";
2. Full refurbishment, enhancement and "re-branding" of the 2 rooms flats need to be done

We all know that valuation is a creation of opinion..until it is realised it will still remain as OPINION!

1 comment:

  1. kalau perasan, berita tu keluar lepas pelancaran AHB (Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera)..

    jadi teori aku adalah, berita itu adalah propaganda untuk menggalakkan orang melabur dalam AHB..

    AHB tu bagus atau tak, itu kita boleh kaji...

    ReplyDelete